Building A Healthier America
Every American should have access to affordable, quality healthcare regardless of where they live, the color of their skin or how much is in their bank account. No one should suffer, die or declare bankruptcy because they can’t afford to see a doctor. The solutions to our broken healthcare system are complex, but we must build a system that helps people gain access, reduce costs, and improve outcomes. That’s why Josh supports guaranteed access to healthcare for all Americans while helping curb the out-of-control costs that exist in our current broken system.
Besides guaranteeing insurance access, however, we must make other interventions to fix our system, including:
- Stabilizing and expanding funding for the Community Health Center Fund, which supports a strong network of community health partnerships and satellite services. These services bring care to historically underserved communities, improving health outcomes for everyone regardless of their proximity to a major hospital.
- Ensuring robust FTC regulation of healthcare monopolies, which otherwise drive up the cost of both medical care and prescription drugs.
- Mandating that all federal healthcare programs cover preventative mental health services, dental care, vision, and hearing. Additionally, we need to build a system of reimbursement incentives to encourage private companies to do the same.
- Negotiating and writing off overdue medical bills in collections, and ending abusive debt collection practices that repeatedly target working families.
- Allowing Medicare to negotiate prices for prescription drugs, limit the extent to which drug companies can raise drug prices, and cap out-of-pocket drug costs for Medicare/Medicaid users to mirror Affordable Care Act practices.